Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

November 2, 2014

Things were a bit different this transfer with phone calls on where and what we'd be doing this transfer.  Leadership calls were made Friday evening and area calls were made Saturday!  VERY different, but we loved that change :)  Both Hermana Cuevas and I were surprised to get a phone call from President Felix on Friday!  Thankfully he was only calling to let us know about changes with Hna. Eastman and Hna. Swan.  Hna. Swan got her visa and had to leave yesterday so Hna. Eastman is with us until tomorrow, transfer meeting.  President and Sister Felix picked Hna. Swan up yesterday, it was fun to see them. 

I also got a call from one of the Assisstants to the President on Friday night.  He let me know that I would be training a brand new missionary this transfer.  I was surprised!  I've never trained !  I have now idea what to expect, but I am not worried.  I know I can do it.  I will be staying here in Arroyo Grande!!  Hna. Cuevas is going to the Spanish Branch in Santa Maria!  Hna. Eastman is going to be in Simi Valley!!  I am so excited for this transfer.  I will miss Hna. Cuevas a TON though.  She is one of my favorite companions.  

RICHARD!  He came to a baptism that was held Saturday afternoon!!!  That was VERY exciting.  He was late, he missed the actual baptisms but made it in time for the confirmations.  Why was he late?  Well, getting into the car (with the only nice pants he had on) they RIPPED.  He called us and told us he couldn't make it.  I almost yelled into the phone, "No!!  Just wear something!  Wear jeans if you need to and if anything wear shorts!  You just need to come!"  So he said okay.  He loved the baptism.  There he was able to meet President and Sister Felix!  That was cool!  

The reason he needed to come was because he has had bad experiences coming to church!  Last Sunday.  When getting in his car to come to church he found all FOUR of his tires on the car flat.  Someone had come and taken the air out of them.  Dumb, right?  Then he didn't want to come late so he just stayed home.  Tuesday was our Halloween party.  Before the party he had fallen off a ladder, cracked some ribs and sprained his wrist!  Richard was a bit discouraged about his efforts in coming to church, whether it be for a meeting or party, because something bad happened just before he was to come.  So we were trying to help him not give up right when something dumb happens.  

He came to church!  Early too!  And by the end of church (he stayed ALL 3 hours) he let it be known to many who talked to him that he knew he was supposed to be there.  So that was neat.  Richard is awesome and we hope to see him coming more!  

Well.  That's about all I've got for you!  Things here are awesome :)  It's a great day to be a missionary.  It brings me great joy to know this isn't my last transfer.  I am excited for the time I have left, truly everyday that passes is a day added onto my mission because I was so discouraged while at home I almost gave up.  I just never talked about it because I knew the more I'd say it the more real and easy it would have been to stay.  My decision to keep moving forward and keep with my mission will be an eternal blessing to me, I know it.  I love this glorious work, we are all so blessed to be a part of it!  

I love you!  Thanks for everything.

Love,

Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment