Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

December 8, 2014

SOOOO cool about Mr. Li!!!  I will be praying for him and his family.  That is a huge miracle.  I know why he did that, it's because all he has seen from you and the rest of the church is good.  He is a good man, they are a good family.  He needs the gospel.  I would pray for him everyday in all prayers, as a family and ward council, so that he may obtain the desire to come to church and learn.  But who am I?  Just a missionary that doesn't even work there right now haha.

Which reminds me, does the ward council include the missionaries?  Please tell me yes?  That is one of the SMARTEST things you could possibly do.  You know why?  Then we know all that is going on in the ward.  All of the needs, we get to know all of the leadership in the ward.  We are able to know all the resources abailable.  We are able to obtain trust from the members of the ward.  And we are able to know the needs of the ward.  I hope that if that isn't something BS2nd ward does that you may consider it because we are totally and completely lost without it.  I don't even know many of the ward members or ward leadership.  STILL.  I know that if we could go to ward council or to a meeting that could in a way substitute it we would be able to see more progress in the ward.  We are here for the ward.  I know you know this.  The ward isn't there for the missionaries.  We are there for the ward.  We are there to help the ward with missionary work.  Too often members confuse it and think that they need to be helping us.  No!  We are here to help you!!!  We can do missionary work alone if we have to, and we will if that's how it is going to be.  But we need you.  I know that BS2nd ward does amazing with missionary work.  Keep helping the missionaries.  They will always remember the BS2nd ward as a solid, hard-working, helpful ward as you keep doing what you're doing.  

Please.  Invite non-members over when you have the missionaries over.  That is always a pleasant surprise to us!!  We love it!!  Invite Mr. Li and his family over for dinner and bring the missionaries over!!  Watch Finding Faith in Christ with them.  Or some Mormon Messages?  Or videos from mormon.org.  That will go a long way and could possibly open the door to taking lessons from the missionaries.  Just an idea ;)

Share He is the Gift with all those you come in contact with.  The missionaries should has pass along cards you can give away.  If not use all the ones you received in the Dec. Ensign.  This is a great tool we have as members.  It is the most NON threatening thing you can share!!  This is the easiest and best time to be sharing the gospel, most people cannot turn down a Christmas message.  Help others discover the gift.  And re-discover.  Embrace it or re-embrace it.  Apply it in your lives.  And SHARE it.  Not sure if you know this, the church has taken over youtube's home page.  Millions of people will see the ads.  Ask people, "Hey, have you been on youtube lately?"  People use youtube everyday.  Tell them to look into He is the Gift.  :)

Wow, I am talking way too much about missionary work, huh?  But seriously!!  It is exciting.  This is an exciting time.  :)  We are a part of a glorious work.  I love it.  I love being a full time missionary.  

I would be going home next week.  I love that I get to stay.  I will miss home.  I will miss being with my family.  I will miss it all.  But it doesn't matter, because I love doing what I do more than those things I miss.  I am sharing "the gift" with everyone everyday.  Do it with me.  Don't be afraid.  Just do it!!  Go nike.  ;)  Share it on my fb account will you?  I have non member friends that I want to see it. 

I hope you have a great week.

Love,

Hermana Ah Mu 

No comments:

Post a Comment