Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 3, 2014

iHola!

I haven't been feeling very well this past week.  I have been getting many headaches on my mission.  So I have been trying to get that figured out with Sister Castro, I am perfectly fine.  But this week I just didn't feel very well.  I've lost a bit of weight because I couldn't eat much.  This week will be much better.  I know you are praying for me.  I am thankful for the support.  

Last Thursday we were to teach the Plan of Salvation a couple times during the day.  I felt that was very fitting considering that marked 12 years from the time Mom passed away.  I felt like it was a little tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  I was grateful to study the Plan.  It is such a beautiful part of our church.  It is one of the reasons I am out on a mission.  I want to help as many people possible to know that they can all see those they have lost.  It is something I treasure.  I love knowing that I will see my family and friends again.  


Here's part of President's letter:

"We taught Erik.  He is so awesome!  We taught him about missionary work and enduring to the end.  He loves the fact that he can share the gospel with his friends.  He was afraid he didn't know enough to do it, but we helped him see everyone can be a missionary (and plus, Erik is so smart and he has a strong testimony, he knows enough to be able to share it clearly and powerfully).  We also had a lesson with him about the power of fasting.  It was really good!  He asked us if there were any baptisms going on in Santa Maria because he wants to take his sister with him to see a baptism.  He is such a great missionary already!  He also said that he knows that his sister has many doubts, but that he is sure that her seeing a baptism will really help strengthen her.  He is just so cool!!  We were excited to find out that there is a baptism in Santa Maria this Saturday.  Erik is excited to go.  I am so excited to hear about their experience. 

We taught Rafael!  He is someone we found a few weeks ago.  We taught him part of the Plan of Salvation.  It was really good.  It was interesting because we were teaching him about the Pre-earth Life.  And we asked him what he thought about it.  He said he didn't agree with it, that it was hard for him to understand.  But then he said, "But, I am sure I just don't understand it yet, I just need to keep studying and keep learning more and then I will know it is true."  He has so much faith.  It is so neat.

Hermana Schmidt and I were able to teach a couple people that Hermana Howell and I were NEVER able to have lessons with.  It is kinda funny how a new transfer does that.  It was really fun.  We had a lesson with this woman named Concepcion.  Hermana Howell and I would schedule lesson after lesson with her, but she would never show up.  And she didn't have time.    Well, we managed to schedule an appointment with her and she did end up being home for it!  It was so cool, we taught the Restoration to her.  She really liked it.  She loved that we have a living prophet.  And she really wants to come to church.  

We also had a lesson with this woman, Arcelia.  She didn't ever have time for us either.  But I went back with Hermana Schmidt and Arcelia decided she had turned us down enough and felt bad.  So she let us come in and share a message with her!  It was a good lesson too.  

We found this woman named Annette.  She is so prepared.  We were knocking doors and we met her.  We had a great Restoration lesson with her.  We found out that she is actually friends with a lot of members from our ward!  Which was fun.  And she has been to the church to see some people get baptized before!  It was so exciting to hear that.  And Annette agreed to baptism when she knows that these things are true.  She also said that this would be really good for her because of the situation she is in right now.  I love finding people that are that prepared.  

I love this work.  I love serving here in Solvang.  I love that I not only get to see the investigators grow and change, but I also get to see members change.  It is such a sweet experience.  There is this one woman in our ward, I know I have talked about her before.  But it was just 2 transfers ago that she didn't want to do missionary work or help us with lessons and such.  But now she is on fire.  She loves teaching Gospel Principles in Spanish.  She loves coming on lessons.  She loves translating in Sacrament meeting.  She fights for the growth of Spanish work here now.  Which is something else that I love!  And she always asks us about the investigators we are teaching.  I have loved seeing her desire to share the gospel grow.  She told us, "Don't ever think that I am helping you, because you are helping me."  She loves missionary work now.  That is one of my favorite things about being a missionary: watching people change.  In fact!  This member is having a Family Home Evening tonight and had us invite all our Spanish investigators!  It is so cool.  

I have learned a lot from being here in Solvang.  One of the sweetest things I have learned is the importance of 1 soul.  I love Matthew 18:12-14 and Luke 15:3-7.  I will always leave the 99 for the 1." 

I really have loved it here in the Great California Ventura Mission.  I love this gospel.  I love the Lord.  I love being on a mission.  I am honored to be here serving with the people I do.  Have a great week.

Love,
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment