Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

January 28, 2014

Hola familia y amigos,

This week was great!!  The work is just moving along!!  I love it.  We were supposed to have our golden investigator at church yesterday...but he decided not to come.  HUGE disappointment.  :(  We made sure he knew of our disappointment, you know, that is important.  Our ward is just amazing.  I can't remember if I mentioned this, but we get to go to Ward Council, which is FANTASTIC!!  And it's so great to see the discussions in there...sometimes they get heated.  Haha, it makes me just wonder how other ward councils are!  Hahaha.  Dad, now I understand what it is like to be in that meeting...

How funny it is that you saw that sister that came to FIND me and take me to the Singles ward!  Hahaha, sometimes I think of them and wonder how they are!  I'm surprised she remembered me!  Haha.  

I'm glad to hear that all is well in Missouri.  And that Kristen and Emily are enjoying BYU-I do...I mean BYU-I.  ;)  You make sure to tell them NO getting married while I'm gone.  Tell them to email me!  I miss them.  I'll send them a picture to make their day!!  Hehe. 

Can I have Jon's address?  I wanna see how he is enjoying Las Vegas!!!  I can email him or just write him a letter.  But please get me his contact info!!  :)  Thank you!!

We are having lovely weather!!  Just beautiful.  I love it here.  Everyone!  Come to Solvang!!  it's SO fun!!! :)  It's really fun because we live like 2 blocks away from downtown Solvang.  It's fun!
 
We have Presidents interviews this wednesday!!  SO EXCITED.  And nervous.  I know, I'm still weird and confusing.  I'm excited to talk with him, but nervous because it has been so long since I talked with him last...I've changed a lot.  So it'll be interesting.  

Well, sorry, not too much to write.  Same old Same old....I'll include some portions of my letter to President so you can hear about the investigators...


"This week we had a couple lessons with Karen.  She is just amazing.  We read with her 1 Nephi 8.  She had already read it before, but we wanted to go over it because it has such great symbolism.  It turned out Karen had already figured out the symbolism, she is just so smart!  She really loves the Book of Mormon.  We had another lesson and talked with her about church attendance, the baptismal covenant and the importance of the Sacrament.  We had a member present (they are good friends now) and the member took it away!  It went so well, and we are working on a church tour.  Karen wants to, but she wants her husband to come too.  Which is understandable.  Karen knows just how important families are in our church.  She knows that this is for families, so she has been trying to get her husband more involved.  So have Hermana Howell and I.  When we see her husband, Carlos, we always try to talk with him.  Karen is so neat, she told us that she feels the spirit VERY strongly when she reads the Book of Mormon.  And then she said it was the same feeling she gets when she is around missionaries, and Maggie, her fellowshipper.  It was so neat to hear that.  Karen knows that this is true.  She is golden.

Erik came back from Mexico!  We were so excited to see him.  He actually joined us for the 2 lessons we had with Karen, and then we had a lesson with him.  We talked about how his trip was and if he kept the commandments out there.  He kept the Word of Wisdom, it was neat.  Erik was offered coffee by his family, but he said no.  And they all told him he was weird, but he just told them, "I don't drink coffee any more."  We were so happy to hear that!!  And we also told him we had prayed about a date for him.  We feel that the 22 of February would be a good date.  Erik said, "Hmm, I will pray about it and I know that the Spirit will tell me if it is right."  It was so cool!!  So Erik is praying about that as his date.  He was supposed to come to church yesterday, but he decided to go to Santa Maria and visit his sister instead.  We were very sad, we really hope he will come this next sunday. 

We met with Cecilia.  She is very neat.  She has so many questions about the plan.  But we showed her a visual and explained everything, showed her some scriptures.  And Cecilia told us she felt it was right.  So she committed to pray about it.  She is a cool lady, she has been prepared for this message.  She fed us dinner that night.  (Every time we have been there she wants to cook for us, but we always had a dinner appointment, so finally we accepted.  She was so happy!). 

Hermana Howell and I found this girl, Kyleen.  She is pretty young, 15 years old.  But she really wants to know more.  We gave her an Articles of Faith card, a Book of Mormon, and a Restoration pamphlet!  She loves it.  She said she wants to read it to find out more because she has family in Oklahoma who has the Book of Mormon.  We didn't find this as a coincidence.

We had exchanges with Hermana Siddoway and Hermana Linford.  I got to go out with Hermana Linford!  It was a blast.  We found some very cool people.  We found this girl, Belen.  She is super prepared.  She had the perfect questions.  We taught her the whole Restoration at her front door.  She just soaked it up, and we asked her if she would be baptized when she knows that these things are true, she said, "Well yes!  Of course I would!!"  She was excited to read the book of Mormon and pray about it.  And she is excited to listen to the other things we teach.  Belen really wants to know the truth.  We are very excited for her."


Have a great week everyone!! 

Love,
Hermana Ah Mu


P.S.  Something FUNNY.  Cecilia, the lady we teach.  Every time we see her the first thing she says, even before "hola" is, "Tiene un novio?"  "You have a boyfriend?"  Hahaha, we ALWAYS say NO!  That we have no time!!  She just tells us we need to get one or else we'll run out of time, get old and never have a novio.  Hahaha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment