Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 10, 2014

Erik!  We taught him many lessons.  I think the most exciting thing was, we asked him if he was planning on attending a baptism in Santa Maria.  He said yes.  And then he said, "And I am ready for my baptism."  So we scheduled a baptismal date for the 21 of March!  It feels pretty solid.  I have total confidence in Erik, he is so solid.  I really hope to see him baptized.  I know he will really love it, and he will keep progressing.  He is so awesome, and he can feel the spirit so strongly.  I can't wait for him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We gave Karen a break because she asked us to wait for her to call us for an appointment.  But Hermana Schmidt and I decided to go visit her just to see how she is doing and give her a Living Christ.  It was so cool.  We talked with her and her husband Carlos!  We had a little lesson and prayed with her.  Then Karen said, "When can you come back?"  Oh!  I was so happy that she wanted to meet with us again.  We are teaching her tomorrow.  I am excited!

We had a great combined lesson with Erik and Jose, who is a less active.  We hadn't met with Jose for months!  And finally we got a hold of him again.  And we thought it would be great for both Erik and Jose to meet with us.  So we read 2 Nephi 31 with them.  We had a wonderful discussion!  Erik talked about his baptism freely too and invited Jose, which was so cool!  And it was good for Jose, considering how long it had been since we met with him last.  He has a desire to learn again, which I love.  

I am really enjoying our zone goals this transfer.  And also the assignment the Sister Training Leaders asked us to complete.  The zone goals, part of it is we need to write 1 reason we believe we have the assignment we have and 1 reason we love being on a mission!  We do this everyday.  I LOVE it.  And also, the assignment the Sister Training Leaders assigned us is we need to write down 5 things we are grateful for everyday.  I love how well these goals go together!  What great timing too.  I really feel like I needed these goals this transfer.  I really look forward to writing these down.  And I think it helps me remain positive and happy because I am remembering the things I am grateful for, why I am here, and why I love being here!  I love it so much.  

I really appreciate Hermana Schmidt.  She is so kind and patient with me.  Even when I am not feeling well, she helps me see that it is okay to not feel well and that it is okay if I need to rest or eat a snack.  I so appreciate her and her selflessness.  I know that she is supposed to be my companion this transfer.  She is so supportive and understanding.  She is a good, strong missionary!  And she KNOWS her Spanish, I am hoping it can rub off on me...atleast a tiny bit.  Haha.  She helps me when I have any questions about Spanish, which is so helpful.  

I love this work.  It really is a privilege to be on a mission.  I am thankful for all that the Lord does for me.

We have zone conference next week.  I am excited!!  I hope you all have a great week.

Love,
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment