Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

February 4, 2014

I don't have much time.  Here is the letter I wrote to President.

"This was a great week!  First, a miracle.  We were teaching Erik, and last week I think I mentioned he wasn't able to come to church because he was visiting his sister in Santa Maria.  Well, turns out his sister is taking lessons from missionaries there!  She is reading the Book of Mormon, and Erik was so happy.  He told us her whole countenance has changed.  She is kinder and receptive to the spirit.  Erik, I guess, got to meet the Elders that are teaching her!  I was so excited to hear that!! :D

Okay, We had an interesting lesson with Danny and Kathy.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation.  They had a lot of questions.  They have a hard time understanding the three kingdoms.  They say they agree all the way up to the Spirit world.  It was interesting because Danny said he doesn't want to live with God and Jesus Christ after this life.  So, Hermana Howell and I are re-evaluating what direction to go with them.  We are thinking of going over the nature of our Heavenly Father.  We let them know we are not perfect teachers, and the only way they can really know if this plan was true is if they prayed to Heavenly Father and kept reading the Book of Mormon.  So, we are hoping they did that this past week.  We will see tonight, we have a lesson with them this evening. 

Karen, we read with her 3 Nephi 11.  She LOVED it.  She really loves the Book of Mormon.  And we talked some more about baptism.  It was really cool, we always go in wanting to teach her something, but she always ends up teaching us what we were intending to teach!  She is so smart. 

We taught Cecilia.  We talked with her about prophets.  Cecilia really loves us to come and teach her.  But she has always told us she didn't remember what we had taught the lesson before.  Hermana Howell and I were thinking, "Maybe she isn't really putting this gospel first.  We need to really see if she is interested."  But then at this lesson Cecilia told us she has an illness where she cannot remember things.  She even forgets where she lives sometimes!  However, Hermana Howell and I really felt strongly that if she would put forth faith, then she will be able to remember the things we teach.  So we told Cecilia this, but she isn't ready to put full faith into it yet.  

Our lessons with Erik went very well.  We had a lesson at Bishop's house.  And Erik loved it.  We read Alma 22.  Erik picked out everything before we could even point it out, it was so cool!  He loved the fact that a king would give up his kingdom just to fully partake of the gospel.  Erik ended up coming to church yesterday!!  And he LOVED it.  We had a member in our ward translate for him.  Her name is Maggie, she is from Argentina.  And it turns out that she was really touched to be able to do that.  She went up and shared her testimony and said, "It has been 12 years since I have willingly gone up and shared my testimony.  But while I was translating for Erik, I could feel the spirit so strongly and I just knew I needed to come up and share my testimony.  And I want to do it in my native language."  And so she did.  It was so powerful!  One of the most powerful testimony meetings I have ever been in.  After the meeting Erik told us how amazing the meeting was.  He said the spirit was so strong!  He loved it!!  

I know that Hermana Brown going home changes things a bit.  But I know that this will work out, and everything will work out great.  I love Hermana Brown.  She is a fantastic missionary.  I hope to see her back here one day.  Hermana Prestgard will be just fine, I love her a ton.  It's nice that we already knew each other from Oxnard.  I am not worried about juggling the two areas, we will be just fine.  

That is about it for the week.  I am thankful for this opportunity I have to be serving a mission in the Great California Ventura Mission.  This is the greatest mission for me.  I love it.  I hope that you have a great week President."

Hermana Brown, one of the sisters serving in our ward, had to go home today.  So I am in another trio.  Hermana Howell, Hermana Prestgard, and I.  It will all be great.  We are over two areas, but it's the same ward.  If y'all have been keeping up on my emails, this has happened before.  I'll just become the queen of Emergency trios I guess.  Haha just kidding.  But I'm not worried, I know it will all be great.  I just really hate to see people leave.  It really makes me sad, can't help but cry with them and for them.  I never realized how hard it all could be.  And I'm not even the one going home.  

Well, have a great week.  I'm doing GREAT.  i'm healthy, speakin spanish, eating pastries, I'm a missionary.  Una misionera en la Gran Mision California Ventura.  Es un gran dia para ser una misionera.  Love you all!!


Love,

Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment