Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hola familia,

It sounds like y'all had a fantastic week.  I am so happy for that.  I wish I could have been with all of you.  Soon we will all be able to hang out again, but right now I have things to do haha.  Katie just keeps getting bigger and bigger!!  I can't wait to meet her.  I put a few pictures of her on my planner so I see her everyday, all day :)

About more music, Mom, EFY Cd's are good.  Mindy Gledhill.  Anything missionary related!

Everything you talked about sounded just like my family.  I am so happy I grew up in a family that knows how to work hard.  I am just so happy I learned these things when I was younger.  

It wasn't the easiest week.  It is kind of discouraging to be in an area that doesn't have people progressing.  Other than that, things are great.  Our numbers don't seem to reflect just how much we are really doing.  I feel like those elders on the District 2.  Elder Tuituu and Elder Murray.  I know that they had to be filmed at that time because there are MANY missionaries that need to have someone to relate to.  We try and try to see success, but then it seems to greatest successes we see are referrals that we give to the English Elders.  Which is great!  We are so happy about that, but we want golden investigators too!  Haha, we knocked so many doors this week it's not even funny.  But it's okay.  We are trying hard to do what we are supposed to.  All we can do is carry on and keep filtering out all the little distractions and any bit of disobedience that exists.  We know that obedience helps us to have clean hands so we are worthy of the guidance of the Holy Ghost.  Our obedience directly correlates to our investigators.  In our church, we are a covenant keeping people.  Elder Nelson told us that we need to help our investigators keep commitments because that is what prepares them to make and keep sacred covenants.  If those we teach can't keep commitments then they can't keep a covenant.  We need to help those we teach understand that members of our church are a covenant keeping people.  NEAT huh?!  

I am studying the talk, "Jesus: The Perfect Leader"  by President Kimball.  Read it.  It is amazing.  I want to strive for THOSE qualities of leadership.  We are all leaders and can strive for it.

Owen.  You aren't allowed to date now that you are turning 16.  You know that, right?  Okay, I am half way kidding right now.  But for real, always listen to Mom and Dad if they have advice for you.  Always listen to them when they have a doubt or concern or even just a bad feeling about some girl you'd go out with!  You better only go out with girls that dress modestly.  Her language and humor better be clean.  Alright? :P  And you better realize we are going on double dates when I get home  >:)  NEVER EVER ask the girl, "So, what do you wanna do on our date?"  NEVER!!  YOU HEAR ME?!  Only LAME guys do that.  Always, ALWAYS have a plan, and a plan B.  And plan C...all the way to plan z.  If you need ideas ask ME!!  I have PLENTY.  (And they're all cheap).  

Tell Mike I need a job when I get home....I know it's far away, but I could work Christmas and for inventory!!  Then I could be gone just in time for when things get slow...maybe present that to him when you can...I'm pretty sure he would be willing to do that for me.  He knows I would work hard and that I'm reliable.  That's what Owen can thank me and Ollie for ;)  Owen, you have alot to live up to!

Well, any way.  That's all folks!  I love you!  I will try to write a letter to you, Owen and Olson!!  Have a great day!

Love,
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment