Yay!

Yay!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 21, 2014

Hola.

First.  All I really need is money for clothes!  (BTW that blue and white shirt I am wearin in the pic with Hna.  Martin is one of the new shirts I got!  It is so stinkin cute...from JC Penney!  I only baught one other and it is grey and white striped).  It is VERY hot here, and Paso Robles get VERy warm during the summer.  I only have 4 or five short sleeve shirts...the rest I have to wear with cardigans.  No me gusta eso.  Haha.  I did get my package, THANK YOU.  I got the one from Ollie, Ashley and Katie too!  I LOVED it.  They know what I like, Kool aid and poptarts.  And chocolate.  Hahaha.  :)  I loved the talks!  All the fun Easter things.  It was Great!

We had a referral come to church.  That was neat.  We were finally able to meet him and set up an apponitment with him.  It is just a bit hard when he's homeless.  Homeless people are so hard to teach because you can't ever find them.

The work is just moving forward.  SO many things to do in this area,  it isn't fun to come some where where there is literally nothing going on.  Hermana Rubow and i are really trying to get things going!  

We had an AMAZING meeting on Saturday!  The entire mission gathered in the Ventura Stake Center and we were able to listen to Elder Nelson, Elder Bowen, Elder Garns, and their wives!  It was incredible!  The mission conference was absolutely amazing.  I loved it.  I really learned SO much.  I received answers to questions that I didn't even know I had.  And not just questions I had acquired on my mission, but questions I have had for years.  It was amazing.  I thought it was particularly interesting that Elder Nelson's talk was basically question and answer.  His answers to the questions that were asked didn't focus solely on our responsibilities as missionaries.  The answers he gave were things that we will definitely want to apply for the rest of our lives.  I loved that.  I loved being there.  It was a testimony builder.  It was kind of sad though, we weren't able to talk to President and Sister Castro at all.  They are leaving soon.  It was great to be together as a mission, but we all feel sad to know that they are leaving soon.  We may see them one of two more times and then they're gone.  

Hermana Rubow and I are really working on finding new investigators.  We want to have a larger teaching pool.  So we have been knocking some of the places that we see potential in.  Well, we were knocking an apartment complex.  No one had opened their doors!  We had 2 doors left and decided we would move on after we knocked them.  Well, we met this woman named Ami.  We introduce ourselves and the first thing she said was, "My house is a mess, do you mind?"  We said no.  And she had us come right in.  She was scrambling around the house tidying it up, getting us seats.  She was in the kitchen and said, "I know you don't drink tea, but do you want some soda or just a glass of water?"  Hermana Rubow and I were surprised to hear her say that she knew we didn't drink tea.  Haha, we were also confused as to why she invited us right in...and really what we were doing there.  Finally we all sat down and were able to introduce ourselves.  And the first thing she said was, "I had been praying to God for help.  I asked him for some sign of guidance.  And then you knocked on my door."  We talked with her for a while and she knows a ton about the church!  She had gone to church with her good friend back in Arkansas.  Ami remembered going to cottage meetings, firesides, Relief Society, and so many other church terms that not just everyone can pick up very easily!  Hermana Rubow and I were amazed!!  We told Ami that this was not coincidence.  It was us being led and guided.  It was proof to her that God listens to her prayers, He loves her and knows her, and He answers prayers.  I thought that it was so neat.  Those kind of situations don't happen everyday!  It was a miracle.

Well.  That is about it.  I hope you all have a great week.  The number of weeks until I talk to you on the phone is getting smaller and smaller.  Next week we can start talking about times and such.  

I so appreciate the love and support I receive.  I love you.  Thank you for the prayers. 

Love,
Hermana Ah Mu



No comments:

Post a Comment