Yay!

Yay!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wow. Just wow.


Sept 16, 2013

Hola.
 
This week was hard.  But it was fantastic.
 
I was sick for a little while, just with a cold, but it made me very very tired.  I am finally feeling more energy. 
 
We found a lot of people this last week.  It was really cool, we have multiple appointments everyday this coming week.  I am so excited.  Both Hermana Corniea and I are excited!  We feel really good about this transfer.  We have many goals, we would like to get 3 baptisms this transfer.  If not baptisms, atleast 3 with a date.  But we have got Gilberto with a date again, October 12.  I asked him to be baptized on October 12.  I did it in SPANISH.  Told him the blessings that would come from it.  He said yes.  We really feel like that will happen.  We know he is ready, he just wants to make sure he knows everything that he needs to know. 
 
This week we saw many miracles as well.  Sister Call and Sister Morris (when they were serving in BS2nd) told me that they would pray for specific miracles to happen, and I remembered that this week, and thought, "Hmm.  That is a really good idea.  I wanna try it."  So, Hermana Corniea and I have started praying for specific miracles everyday.  And it works.  It is amazing.  We are going to continue this. 
 
First, we taught a woman, Maria.  We have taught her before, but we hadn't seen her for a while.  But last time we were there, I gave her a Book of Mormon.  (it was the first time I did it all by myself in Spanish!!)  I promised her that if she would read it she would feel more peace and happiness in her life.  Turns out she had been reading it!  She said she did in fact feel more peace and happiness.  She also told us it was all very familiar to her.  It was so cool.  She was crying, the spirit was so strong.  She said she knows the Book of Mormon is true.  We'd love to set her with a date, she is ready, she is just amazing.  It's just that she is going to Mexico for a month in about a week or two.
 
Another miracle, we specifically prayed that we would be able to see a woman named Antonia.  I guess Hermana Corniea and Cannon had talked with her before, she is a less-active.  But I had never been able to meet her, every time we'd call or go to her house, she wasn't there.  So we prayed that we would be able to see her, and we did!!  And on the way to her house we met a man, Juan.  Turns out he'd talked with missionaries before!
 
We talked with Eva!  She is also a less-active.  She had gotten upset with Hermana Corniea and I before and told us to stop coming over.  (She lives with Gilberto, the one with a date).  She actually started talking with us, she was very kind, and told us we could come over.  It was nice.  And she gave us each a coke.  Yum!  :)
 
Another miracle!  Last night, Hermana Corniea and I were visiting people, trying to get appointments and finish our goals for the day.  I had a thought to go visit a man, Everardo.  He'd investigated the church for a while, even had a date.  But he stopped everything because his wife said she would divorce him if he got baptized.  We'd only met with him one other time.  And at that time, we asked him to pray about our church and to find out if it is true.  He is very busy and rarely home.  But we went, and he was home!  We got an appointment with him, and on our way out he walked us out.  Then he talked with us some more.  He told us that he knew we were going to come to his house the first time we'd seen him.  He told us that he prayed for us to come back.  He missed the gospel.  Then, he had a dream that we came over.  The next day we came over.  Amazing.  ANd we asked him if he prayed.  He said yes, but there is one thing holding him back.  His wife.  We told him that we can all 3 pray for his wife.  That she will soften her heart and accept the gospel.  We have an appointment on Thursday, so we will see what happens.  I know with God, all things are possible. How amazing though.  You hear these kind of stories, but never expect them to happen to yourself!
 
I had some very good experiences this week.  I really see my purpose for being here another transfer.  I just feel so good about it.  It's exciting!! 
 
I am the designated pianist.  It's crazy.  I wouldn't have ever thought I'd play piano this much.  I'm in California!  Haha.  I played for Sacrament meeting yesterday.  (I am the only one who can play piano. Who woulda thought.)  So.  I play for Sacrament meeting.  Then go to Primary and play for them.  Then I play in Relief Society.  Thank you Sister Fonua for all of those piano lessons.  I'm so thankful to be able to serve. 
 
That's about it for this week.  I am so excited for this week.  Bring it on.  I love being a missionary!!!  It's THE best!!  I'm so thankful for this opportunity.  I never wanna leave.  It's hard.  Very hard, but what keeps me going?  There was this one Elder in my old district last transfer.  He said, "There's okay days.  There's good days.  Then there's great days.  What keeps me going is hope for another great day."  I feel the same.  Those great days, you feel like you see glimpses of heaven.  I really do.  What amazing miracles we see everyday.  Everyone has miracles.  There's always miracles, you just need to be looking for them.  :)
 
Have a fantastic week.  I love you all.
 
Love,
Hermana Ah Mu



No comments:

Post a Comment