Yay!

Yay!

Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/2013


Hola Familia y amigos,
 
This was a pretty great week!!  My new companions!  They are awesome.  I really think I am going to grow a TON this transfer.  I have already seen that being in a trio is a lot different-HARD.  I can see why people think it is difficult.  But we have started out pretty well this transfer.  I feel like we are figuring out things and how to work together rather quickly.  So it'sthat's good. Hermana Hardy is very energetic.  I can tell she loves the scriptures.  I love her insights.  Hermana Player!!  This is her first transfer out in the feild.  She is doing FANTASTIC.  She knows more than I knew when I got here.  She already speaks so much better than me, I am learning a lot from her during studies.  I really look up to her.  She is going to do so well here in the California Ventura Mission. 
We are teaching some pretty amazing people.  This week we taught Lourdes (not sure on the spelling yet).  She was a member referral.  Hermana Corniea and I found her.  Hermana Hardy and Hermana Player and I taught her this week.  We taught the Restoration and really focused on how she can find these things to be true through reading the Book of Mormon.  Her daughter Yolanda, joined in on the lesson in the middle.  They both commited to reading and studying the Book of Mormon, then also praying to know if this message that we share is true.  It was so cool.  We ended with a kneeling prayer and the whole family wanted to join in. 
Saturday.  That was a miraculous day.  We pray for a specific miracle to happen everyday.  Saturday, our miracle that we wanted to pray for was to have 4 lessons.  So we prayed that that would happen all day.  Turned out we taught 8 lessons!  We got 12 declarations, and 2 new investigators.  It was so exciting!  We were so happy.  It was so neat, we were able to talk with and meet so many people that day. 
Sunday, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting (since it was the 4th Sunday).  I spoke on how I prepared for my mission, how others can prepare, and how members can do missionary work.  It only reminded me of how bad I am at Spanish.  I seriously don't know any Spanish.  I am trying so hard to get it.  But I am just slow when it comes to languages...It is very easy to compare myself to others.  I was thankful for the opportunity to speak though, I'm trying so hard and that's really all I can do.  I pray that I may be able to understand and speak more everyday.  But I don't have much luck most of the time.
That's about it for last week. I am excited for this week.  We have Hermana Coleman and Hermana Linford coming.  We always love having the training sisters come.  I learn so much from them.  I really look up to them. 
I have really been focusing on the Christlike Attribute, patience.  I am trying to study it often because I know it is something that I need right now.  I also feel that I need to have more charity and love for everyone.  I know that I have such a love for the people here, but I want to make sure I have that same love for all those I serve along side with. I love the Christlike Attributes.  I am also trying to be the best companion, and missionary I can be.  I really want to do better.  I know there are always things I can improve on.  I always want to find things that I can make better.  I can tell that this transfer will be one full of growth.  Being in a trio isn't the easiest thing.  I have never wanted to cry so badly until this transfer.  ButI know that I am here right now with my companions for a reason.  I love them, they are teaching me a ton.  And I know I will be thankful for all my trialsone day.  I usually do find myself thankful for the trials I have had in the past.  There are some nights that I find myself very close to our dear Heavenly Father.  That's all I could ask for.  I know that He loves us.  He is always there in our times of need, we just need to be worthy, humble, and willing to accept His will.
 
I'm thankful for this opportunity I have to be here on a mission.  I love it.  I have loved EVERY minute of it.  I have seen things here that let me know that I (Hermana Ah Mu) am supposed to be here.  I am here for specific people, I have something to offer that others can't.  I have seen myself testifying or telling a story about my past and it helps people.  I am called of God, He wants me here.  I love it.  I love being a missionary, It kind of scares me how fast time goes by though!  This is my purpose in life, can't I just be a missionary for the rest of my life?  And no, I mean a MISSIONARY, like wear my tag everyday.  Haha, seriously though I love it.  This gospel is glorious.  People think we just believe in it because it just makes us feel good.  NOPE.  That's not the only reason why.  People say that it's unbelievable and to wishy washy...but seriously what's wishy washy about eternal families?  About the Plan of Salvation?  The Book of Mormon?  Of course it makes us feel good, people don't believe it because in this world today it's hard for people to have that hope and desire.  It sounds too good to be true, but that's HEavenly Father.  He makes all things possible, and OF COURSE he wants us to be with our families forever.  Of course.  It's amazing. 
 
I love you all.  Thanks for the prayers...I need them all the time :)
 
Love,
 
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment