Yay!

Yay!

Friday, December 13, 2013

December 9, 2013

Hola!

Solvang.  I haven't been around so many white people for a long time!!  I hadnt been to church in Enlish since I gave my farewell talk!!  It was so crazy!!  Solvang covers a few little towns surrounding it as well.  Hermana Howell and I, we cover the northern part of Solvang, and then Buellton.  There is only one ward that meets here.  It is much different here than Oxnard.  Oxnard is known as little Mexico...and here in Solvang, it's like a Dutch village!  MUCH different.  I've eaten dinner in mansions....I never imagined this!  I'm not used to teaching in English either.  We are looking for Spanish work here, we are working on starting a Spanish unit here.  Hopefully that can happen soon.  

Let's see....we have gotten lost SO many times!!  It's so funny, we work in the smallest little towns...but we get lost haha.  This ward though...Oh my goodness.  I am honored to serve in such an amazing ward!  We get dinner every night.  We get members to come out on lessons with us all the time.  Many of the members bring us the investigators!!  I went to ward council for the first time since I've been on my mision.  And our bishop said, "I feel like we as a ward are failing when we hear that you are knocking on doors.  That needs to stop.  It is our job to provide the investigators."  The thing is, we never knock doors here!! :D  IT's amazing!  I met atleast 10 members before we even came to church yesterday.  This ward is fantastic.  THe people are great too.

I love Solvang.  It's VERY different.  But I love it.  I guess Solvang brings over 3 millions tourists every year....let me tell you!!  I NEED to come back here again as a tourist.  IT is such a fun place!!  But as amissionary I need to work!!  I am coming back!  hahaha.  

It's freezing here.  It's been in the 40's and 30's....I need gloves.  Haha.  I love it though..

My companion is from Virginia.  She has been out for about 8 months.  (As long as Hermana Corniea...in fact they were in the MTC together).  It's always an odd start getting a new companion.  I think we are still trying to get to know each other a bit better.  She is very different from me.  She is SO smart!  She KNOWS her scriptures very well.  She knows Spanish too.  She really relates to people well.  

That's about all I've got for y'all!!  

Have a great week!!  Enjoy this season of Christ.  He is the center of this season...It's Him.  Not Christmas.  I really enjoyed the Christmas devotional from the 1st Presidency last night!  If y'all didn't watch it, WATCH IT. :)

Love,

Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment