Yay!

Yay!

Friday, September 6, 2013

September 2, 2013


Hello!
 
This was...an interesting week.  As missionaries, we are constantly making goals.  And constantly striving to achieve these goals.  And well!  This week, I don't think 1 was achieved.  Also, as a missionary, it is VERY easy to be hard on ourselves.  I am hard on myself.  I am learning to be easier on myself. 
 
This week we had a lot of meetings!  Tuesday.  We had a 2 hour zone meeting on the Gift of Tongues and Learning Spanish.  (I spoke on the Gift of Tongues, yay).  Then, that evening we had youth activity.  The missionaries helped with a mini MTC!  It was not as successful as we would have liked, but successful enough!  There were 3 different rooms, and in each room one of the first 3 lessons was taught (from Preach My Gospel).  EAch roatations lasted for about 20 minutes.  IN that 20 mins we would teach the lesson, then leave time for the youth to practice teaching a friend.  (the missionaries pretended to be the friend).  Really we just wanted them to practice so that they could figure out any questions they have on how to naturally share the gospel with friends.  The activity was good, just a lot of the youth were acting like youth!  We spent good proselyting time to teach the youth instead.  I know they didn't realize how much work and time went into this.  But just so everyone knows, missionaries work hard for activities in the ward...help them out!  They are sacrificing time to be teaching investigators.  It's a big deal.
 
I got a package from the wonderful, magnificent Beehives from the amazing Blue Springs 2nd ward.  Thanks y'all!!  That was the greatest surprise!!
 
Mom.  Okay, I've been meaning to tell you this...I've already told some ward members I'm coming back here with you.  They all wanna meet you!!  So!  If the entire family can't come out here soon after my mission, we should take a mother daughter trip here.  You would LOVE it!! :D  Which reminds me, Vanessa, Nancy, and Vero added me on FB...haha, could you add em back for me? :) 
 
There's a place with $1 chinese food here!! :D  My companion says it's too risky, what do you think?  I like to think of it as a good deal!!  We ARE going to try it this week.  I'll let you know if I get food poisoning!! :)
 
1 more Sunday till transfers.  I'm freakin out.  I don't wanna leave.  I hope I stay here.  In a week you will know what shall come to pass...Just know that if I'm leaving....I will be crying my eyes out..
 
We read the Proclamation to the world this morning.  (We read a special handbook our mission president wrote every day, and that's in it).  And Hermana Linderman was like, "Oh dang.  I really wonder what Obama has to say about this!"  Hahaha, it was so funny!  I kinda forgot we had a president...I kinda forgot we had politics...The perks of being a missionary ;)
 
My companion has a David Archuleta CD.  HAHA, and we were listening to it today, Hermana Linderman says, "Ooo, his voice is like honey."  Pahahaha
 
Well, we really did horribly with numbers this week.  It was a harder weed in general really.  We are working on formers.  We want to meet every former before the end of the week.  We lost all progressing investigators.  We lost our baptismal date investigators.  We pretty much lost our teaching pool.  It's rough.  One of em yelled at us.  Told us we probably don't understand Spanish.  She told us to stop coming.  There were many other things said, but I can assure you.  I understood everything!!  Haha, that was the great thing!!  I realized I understand Spanish!!  Talk to me in Spanish, I understand you!  Ask me a question in Spanish. NOPE.  Can't say anything.  Hahaha,  THis week was really great other than losing everyone.  But HEY.  Esta Bien!  I love being a missionary.  Life is great in California.  I love it.  I'll write a better letter next week y'all.  :D
 
Love,
 
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment