Yay!

Yay!

Friday, September 6, 2013

August 26, 2013


Hola!!
 
This week was...not as successful as we would have liked.  All of the goals we hoped to achieve were not.  But!  That is alright!! :)
 
First.  Would you tell Kristen I LOVED her letter and will write back as soon as possible?  Also to tell her to disregard any comment I may have made about her not writing me back in Charlee's letter...Haha.  Also!  I can listen to any music.  As long as it is uplifting and music that can be inviting of the spirit.  I do believe Kristen knows what I mean!  Any church songs, and Mercy River!  Jenny phillips is good, so is EFY. 
 
You people.  Laura.  You are not supposed to get married while I am gone!  Ollie and Ashley!  You are supposed to wait to have babies until I get home!  Mom, Dad,  You are supposed to do cool family vacations when I am with you!  Nonsense I tell you, didn't anyone tell you that you are supposed to put life on hold??  Haha.  Okay, I am kidding.  But seriously, that is SO excited!!  Please.  Send me the wedding announcement Laura!  And!  Pictures, OKAY?? :)  Ollie and Ashley!  Send me pics of my neice!! :)  Mom and dad!  And Owen and Olson, I am so glad that you had fun at the farm.  That is so great.  I would be jealous...but...I'm on a mission, and that is even better.  Haha. 
 
I still know VERY little Spanish.  I understand tons (except at church), but don't really know how to speak.  It's great, the ward members know I don't know what's going on most of the time.  We still have a great time though.  We are very good at laughing with each other.  We may not understand each other but we always laugh.  That's something I love, these people's laughs are SO contagious.  You know me!  I love laughing!  It's one of my greatest talents.  I love my ward though.  I love them a lot.  They are so great. 
 
Did I ever mention, that our stake is so into missionary work every 4th Sunday is dedicated to Missionary Work??!  We the missionaries pick out the speakers for Sacrament meeting, and also do a fireside every 4th Sunday.  It's pretty neat.  Yesterday a girl named Karen gave her farewell.  She is going to Tampa, Florida!  So cool!! :)  She spoke and so did her mom and sister.  Lemme tell you something really funny.  Karen's sister is named Karen too!!  We asked their mom why they are both named Karen and their mom said she just really liked the name Karen, so why not?  PAHA.  I don't know why that is so funny to me, but it is!  But it was very good.  I love picking out the few words I understood.  It just brought me back to the day I gave my farewell.  How deeply terrified I was to know that in a few short days I would become a full time missionary.  I tried to hide that fear.  But I also was SO excited.  I didn't know what to expect.  Ahh.  I remember that day in Sacrament meeting.  It was good. 
 
Our fireside we did was about member missionary work (of course!!).  We were going to stress the importance of it, and that everyone NEEDS to watch the Worldwide broadcast about missionary work that was given June 21.  Turns out, only 6 people came...that is including the bishop and the ward mission leader.  Isn't that awesome?!  Haha.  It was alright.  We still did the fireside.  It went well.  But.  We are going to repeat it next month.  No one will ever know we did it once already.  A woman died in our ward the day the broadcast was shown, so most of the ward members didn't watch it.  We are thinking about getting the bishop to show it for the last 2 hours of church one Sunday.  This broadcast is SO important for members.  I remember being there and thinking, "Why are we here?  This is more for the members than us as missionaries!! "  I am so glad we watched it, but really.  It was for members.  It is great.  I encourage all of you who haven't watched it, to watch it.
 
Missionary work is just so great.  I am grateful for this opportunity I have to dedicate all I have to this wonderful, glorious work. 
 
Not much happened this week.  We have to give Amador and Junior to the English Elders.  We found out they prefer church in English.  We are so sad to let them go!  But it is okay.  It is important they go with them. 
 
Did I tell you about Tiwi??  It is a computer they put in every missionary vehicle here in our mission.  You have to log in with a card that is under your name.  And it keeps track of how you drive!  So if you speed, don't wear your seat belt, drive aggresively, etc.  It is tracked under your name!  So President knows how we drive.  Isn't that awesome??  Haha.  Dad, you should get one for Owen when he starts driving!! ;)
 
Okay.  Well.  That's really about it.  Sorry...not many cool stories this week.  I hope y'all have a fantastic week.  Thanks for the prayers and support.  I love it here.  I love my mission.  I don't want it to end (Thank goodness I just got here).  It feels like I just went into the MTC though.  I am afraid this will speed by.  Anyway, until next week! :)
 
Love,
 
Hermana Ah Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment