Yay!

Yay!

Friday, July 5, 2013

June 28, 2013


Friday, June 28, 2013

Hola!!

Okay, let me just say, I have never...EVER been so grateful for the English language.  This week had it's ups and downs.  It is very easy to get discouraged when it comes to learning the language. 

Every teusday we have a devotional.  They used to be held in the gym here on campus, but because there are so many missionaries we get to walk to the Marriot center evevery Teusday evening!  It is so amazing, it feels like we are an army.  Probably because we are God's army, but you can look ahead and backwards and the missionaries seem endless.  I'm sure Satan is very scared, he knows our potential.  He knows what we're doing.  Anyway, the special guest that came on Teusday was Janice Kapp Perry!!! And her husband!! It was SUCH a great devotional.  And it was different than most will be.  It was a musical devotional.  First, her husband spoke.  He talked about how we may not get any baptisms, that we may just prepare the way, plant the seeds.  It was a very good talk.  Then Sister Perry spoke.  She was HILARIOUS.  I wouldn't have expected that from her!!  She told us the first thing her husband ever said to her...they were in the same music class at BYU.  And she never knew he noticed her, but one day she was about to play for the class, but brother Perry said, "I was just thinking, those lips look like they were made for something better than playing the clarinet."  Right after she told us that, he jumped up to ther podium where she was standing and kissed her!!  We all started cheering, then sister Perry said, "That's the last time I will ever tell that story!!  I can read that man like a book, I just never know what page he's on!"  Hahaha, the devotional was also very spiritual.  It was so strong.  She had us sing a medley she had written just for us.  We sang many primary songs, it made me miss Primary alot!! But it made me very happy.  She has also written a new version of As Sisters of Zion!!!  Just for  sister missionaries.  It is called The Sisters of Zion.  We sing it every sunday in relief society.  But on teusday night, Sister Perry rewrote the EFY medley and put new lyrics in for us missionaries.  The spirit was so strong, every missionary stood up!  Such a powerful moment.  Oh! I meant to say, I am in the MTC choir, and I guess that evening everyone got to see me up close on the jumbo tron....kind of embarressing, but oh well!

WE have officially finished teaching our first investigator.  Please don't ask how our first lesson went....hahahahaha, we got here wednesday and had to teach a whole lesson in Espanol on Saturday.  Terrible.  Just terrible.  Hahaha, at one point I couldn't remember what the name of our church was in spanish, so I just read my nametag....Hahaha.  Mi companera and I have taught 4 or 5 lessons in Spanish, and with every one it get better and better!!  We are trying to learn how to rely on the spirit.  It doesn't seem like it would be hard to learn, but it is.  I myself am trying to work on having more faith and rely on the spirit.  Also, I am trying to work on being more charitable and gain more knowledge from the scriptures. 

That broadcast!! It was SO neat!!! :D  The choir was amazing.  And the meeting was so interesting!! What a huge comfort it was as well.  I always knew the members needed to be involved, but now that that broadcast was shown, I think it'll be even better!! And it was great to know that we will be getting help from the wards...or atleast we hope to get help.  Haha. 

There is a woman from the Branch presidency that was talking to me about how much she loves to go out to Oklahoma and see family.  She says she likes it because she is actually out "on the mission feild."  Hahaha, oh goodness....I thought that you would like to hear about how the mission feild doesn't include Utah....

I have LOVED getting DearElders from Owen, Olson, and Colton Bell.  Those things make my day....Seriously just send me one everyday!!  And don't worry about rambling!! Haha, I like letters!!  I love to hear how things are going.  I really have not had any troubles with homesickness or regret.  I know there are a few that are so homesick it slows up everything.  And regret because they are super upset with what they have "gotten themselves into."  It makes me sad to see that.  I think it can be easy to forget the main reason we're here.  It's not for ourselves.  The next 18 months/2 years are the Lords, we are dedicating it to Him.  He will help us if we are obedient, and have faith. 

I have found just how great personal study time is.  I really value that time, it's one of the few times I have to actually study the scriptures for me, and I don't have to worry about Spanish.  I love it.  I learn SO much, my testimony is already growing so rapidly!!  I love it.  I can say my testimony in Spanish, I can pray in Spanish, and...that's about it.  I can read it, but don't really understand anything. 

There is supposedly a nasty intestinal virus that is going around the MTC.  It's so bad we aren't allowed to shake hands or hug....but I always forget. 

Tell Colton Bell that I ran into her cousin!!  She was very nice, and it's fun to have another person that I kinda know outside of my district. 
My district!!!  Oh, I love them.  We do everything together!!  They have become the greatest friends.  We've already planned a reunion!!  It's a bummer that the Elders won't be serving in our area.   

The food here.  YUM.  It's probably not a very good thing, but I love it.  I am afraid to know how much weight I have ALREADY gained...but hey!  I try to run a mile everyday, and we work on abs so we don't get "the pouch." Hahaha.  Well, Everyone, have fantastic week, and isn't it 4th of July??  Maybe not...i don't know.  Happy 4th of July if it is actually this week!! 

Love,

Hermana Ah Mu


  

No comments:

Post a Comment