Yay!

Yay!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, July 5, 2013


Friday, July 5, 2013

Hola!!

Como le va?

Will you still love me if I'm fat after my mission?  The food here is so good.  Chocolate milk and donuts every morning for breakfast.  Yum.  Haha, I am just kidding, gym everyday helps a bit with that. 
  
Tell Kristen Marsey she will love the MTC because every where you turn there is someone singing a disney song.  And don't even get me started on the bathroom.  you cannot walk in there without hearing girls singing Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Enchanted, etc.  It's pretty funny.  there are either hymns or Disney songs.  It's just great.  And everyone always joins in even if you don't know anyone.  Haha.

Can't believe I've been here for over two weeks already!!  I have loved it.  The first week and a half was rather hard to focus in class, and also during study time.  Our district is very talkative, we had a nice district meeting on monday, and discussed how we are on the Lord's time and that we must not waste it.  Ever since then time has FLOWN by and the language is coming ALOT easier.  I am thankful!!  My language study time is alot more productive and I am finally figuring out how to work with my companion better.  Now we do more companionship prayers, and work together in lessons way better. 

Okay, where to start....This week just flew by, but I guess I will start with Sunday.  Relief Society was AMAZING.  Sheri Dew came and spoke to us!!!  I loved it!!  I didn't realize all that she has done.  She is an amazing woman and has so many fantastic things to say!  She talked about the importance of being a productive missionary.  I've heard, "Obey with exactness, not with obsession."  Robert P. Swensen spoke to all of us (Every fast sunday there is a guest speaker that speaks to the MTC.)  He was awesome.  He told us at the beginning he wanted to be "our grandpa" for a little while and tell us everything that he learned as a missionary.  It was so so great.

Every Sunday, as a district, we get to take a walk around the temple.  This last sunday was rather interesting....At the corner of the MTC there was a man standing there with a giant cross protesting.  I just don't understand why of all places would you stand by the MTC...?!  He has got to be crazy if he thinks he can change our minds!!  We are just beginning this 18 months/2 years dedicated to the Lord.  There is no way that could hurt us. 

the Teusday devotional was GREAT.  Michael O. Richardson I think it was, he is in the General Sunday School Presidency.  What a GREAT speaker!!!  He began with reading his mission journal entries to us.  It was funny becuase one day he would say, "Today was great!!  The language is coming so well!!  I can't wait to get out to the feild."  then the very next day, "Today was no good.  I am never going to learn the language."  I laughed because I have a feeling that's what my journal will be like.  One day I'll be totally ready to leave, and then the next I'll be caught writing in my journal at the wrong time.  Haha, just a funny thought.  But anyway he talked about David O. McKay and the stone he saw while he was on his mission.  I thought it was so very interesting that the day David O. McKay saw that stone was a day that he and his companion were very very down.  Their P-day had turned into a P-week!  And then they came across that stone, "What e'er thou art, act well thy part."  Brother Richardson talked about how we always need to be asking ourselves, "What kind of missionary am I?"  And then later on in the future, "What kind of wife am I?" "What kind of mother am I?" And are we always bheing the kind of person we truly want to be?

I meant to tell you!!  I got a wonderful package from "the Ah Mu's from Orem" (that's what they wrote on the card) LOVED it!! :)  There was a bag of snickers in it.  Yum!!  My district says thanks too!!  :)

4th of July here....it was alright.  We would usually have class at 6:30 and go until 9:30.  But last night we got to finish class at 7:15!!  We had a special devotional.  We sang a lot of patriotic hymns.  It was neat.  After that they surprised us all by showing the movie 17 miracles.  I saw that for the first time during Fall semester last year and told myself I would never watch it again, it's too sad.  But...I did watch it again last night.  It is a good movie, and everyone should see it, but it is sad.  After we watched that, it was about 10:15 and the president of the MTC told us there was ice cream waiting for ALL of us outside and that we would be able to watch the fireworks that go off at the Stadium of fire.  It was just funny because we are in the bubble here.  You can tell it was driving us all crazy to be cooped up within the fencelines.  The fireworks ended at about 10:45.  We have never been out so late!  That might be the latest I will ever be out on my mission.  I am paying for it today though.

We get to do our weekly service every p-day at 6am.  Yay.  We get to leave the MTC campus an clean the church building next door.  That is where the Senior missionaries get their trianing.  It's fun to go off campus, but it's also really weird.  I was actually assigned to sweep the entries ways outside, and I was walking right along the side of the road.  It was WEIRD.  haha.

We have got two investigators that we will be teaching for the rest of our time here.  Diego and Lolina.  I like Diego, he is very receptive to the spirit and what we have to say.  He wants to learn more.  Lolina...not so much.  She lets us in her house, and then when we start talking to her and asking her questions she rolls her eyes and doesn't care.  I don't like it.  Our investigators are just our teachers that are playing an investigater they had on their mission.  So apparently they are both progressive, so that's good.  Lessons are getting easier.  And I know I've said this before, but the MTC has been the best!!!  But also the hardest because of the constant excpectations that I hold for myself.  But ever since the Teusday devotional, I have let my expectations go.  I need to be the missionary the Lord wants me to be.  He has made me the way I am and He knows what I need to be.  I know I can do this.  I have gained LOTS of faith from this experience.  I thought I came in with great faith, I was mistaken.  I am now seeing that I came into the MTC believing, but now, I know that I am converted.  I have never prayed so much, and so long in my entire life.  I have never had a greater apreciation for the scriptures in my whole life, and I know that will continue to grow.  I liked Preach My Gospel.  But now, I LOVE it.  There's something different about it now that I'm a missionary.  I know that there is no other way I could learn this much stuff in so little time without the Lord.  I heard that the military has been trying to use our same language study programs and books, but just cant get it as quickly as we can.  We know why, because we have the spirit.  And in everything thing we do, we do it prayerfully. 

Well.  That is about it.  Thank to all who DearElder me.  I love it.  It is so nice to have the support. 

Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y Redentor.  Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero.  Thomas S. Monson es el profeta verdidad.  Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial, yo se que nosotros somos sus hijos.  Este creencia ayuda a viver feliz.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.


Love,

Hermana Ah Mu

Oh!! Forgot to mention the temple is now closed so no more temple for us.  It is a HUGE bummer.  There is a rumor going around that they may bus people to Timp. for a seesion the week before you leave for the feild.  Don't know it its true yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment