Yay!

Yay!

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 5, 2013


HELLO!!!
 
This was the craziest week.  Okay, so I was SO happy to talk to mi familia on the phone!! It was great.  It was like a boost of energy, it got me feeling good and ready to venture out to California, and I tried to call Ollie, but it said his phone was disconnected...? Maybe I wrote down his number wrong.  I'm not sure, but I wish I could have talked to him. 
 
The Santa Barbara airport = BEAUTIFUL.  It is the cutest little airport you will ever be in, I heard they just built it within the last year or something.  It didn't even feel like an airport.  President Castro and his assistants were right there to greet ALL 42 of us!!!  42 new missionaries in our mission!!  That is amazing.  Just amazing.  We rode a bus, and there were two vans and President Castro's car full of missionaries.  We got to Ventura after about an hour drive (Lots of traffic).  Sister Castro and their son, Samuel, was at the church building to greet us with El Pollo Loco ( THE BEST RESTERAUNT EVER).  While we were eating President Castro did interviews.  Lots and lots of interviews.  He didn't finish them until Teusday morning.  We also had some training that evening. Uhm...So The Castros have 4 kids, 1 is married, 1 is on a mission, and then the other two live with them.  A 13 year-old and 10 year-old.  So young!!  Monday night I slept at a members home.  The next morning there was more training and I had my interview with Pres. Castro.  He is seriously the greatest.  I am so thankful he is my mission president.  I in no way felt like he was going through the motions with me (considering he had to interview 42 of us).  He was so genuine.  He told me some amazing, fantastic things.  He showed such great confidence in ME.  He told me he sensed that I was very obedient, that I have been very prepared.  He told me that he can tell I will do many terrific things out here,  and that I will see miracles.  He told me I have a great attitude about Spanish.  "I am nervous about Spanish, but I will get over it."  That's the only concern I have!!  Haha.
 
I got my new companion!!  Hermana Corniea  "Corn-eee-aye"  French Canadian name.  We are serving in the Oxnard 5th ward, we are over a teeny part of Oxnard and over all of Camerillo (about 30 min drive away).  We don't even live in our boundaries haha.  We got a new apartment.  It had no water for the first 2 days and it was DIRTY.  We spent those few days cleaning.  DEEP cleaning, we felt that having a clean home was important so that we can prepare with the spirit.  It is however, the nicest apartment in the mission.  There's 4 hermanas living here, we have 3 bathrooms, and a washer and dryer...YAY!! :)
 
We are teaching many people.  an investigator and less active came to church yesterday!! Yeahh!!!  The less active, Eva, she asked me to teach her piano!  So we have a piano lesson at the end of church every sunday.  (This ensures that they will come to church!!).  We also  have gotten a NEW investigator this week through "Faith Knocking."  Yayyy!!  Sorry, but we only get 30 mins to write.  My emails will jump around, and sadly be missing many many things.  But I will do my best to type quickly, no promises that there will be no typos.  Uhm...So We saw a miracle this week, no time to write all about it, I will try to write a letter home about it. 
 
Dad, are there any Ah Mu's that you know living in the Chicago area right now?  An hermana I live with, Hermana Linderman, is from there and she has Ah Mu's in her stake!! 
 
Mom, is there any way you can have Kristen come over and make me a few church CD's from my itunes?  I need Mercy River back in my life!!  I need good music in general back in my life!! 
 
The areas we serve in are kinda scary at night, so President castro has asked that we do Language Study at night.  We are very grateful for that.  The other night we were in a neighborhood, the only neighborhood we are over in Oxnard, a little after 6.  Two men asked us if we were cold, sister corniea replied "no we are fine" and they replied "because we can help you with that."  EWW.  It was all in Spanish I am glad Sister Corniea knows espanol!!!  She has only been out for 12 weeks.  There are a lot of trianers that have only been out for 6 weeks.  I'm praying that that won't be me....
 
The 12 week program has now changed to 6 weeks.  CRAZY.  I love it here.  I knew this is where I am supposed to be the second I landed.  The weather is PERFECTO.  AMAZING.  I am definitely coming BACK.  I love the people.  I never knew I could love these people so quickly.  Spanish is difficult, but that's why I have a companion.  I know I will get over it, I will learn it.  It's okay. 
 
church yesterday was hard.  Everything was jibberish.  And it was hard to be in a real ward again...when it wasn't my own.  I missed our ward alot yesterday.  I'm sure it didn't help that I didn't understand what was going on so I was left to my thoughts.  But it's okay, the people in the ward are SO great.  They are hilarious, even thought I don't know what they're saying! HAHA, their laughs are so contagious.  You know me, I love to laugh.  Well, half hour is up.
 
I love you all.  I feel the prayers working.  I have seen SO many miracles.  Have a fantastic week, until next week!!!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Ah Mu
 
 
P.S.  I meant to tell you, there was this old lady that let us in (it was kinda weird, since I gues she's never let people in before) we read the intro to the BOM.  Then, when we were leaving, she told me I have fat legs, then bent down and slapped my calf.  (It was all in Spanish, which made it even funnier!!  Hahaha).  I always knew I had fat legs, pahahaha it's about time someone admitted it!! :)  People are so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment